Friday, January 10, 2014

Show Invitation

I usually play things so close to the vest that on occasion it doesn't serve me too well. A few friends have commented on this. So, I think I'll try something different… and see how it works out.
I guess a good place to start is with the invitation to a show I'll be having on March 1, 2014 in Florida. Instead, of waiting until the opening to reveal everything, I think I'll start showing things over the next several weeks.
AT approximately 8500 square feet, the Sirona Gallery has a huge space. This panoramic was taken by a friend of mine on his cell phone. It shows my setup at the Allentown Art Museum in October of 2013 for a show focusing on imaginary realism. I posted this before but wanted to post it again because it shows five of the paintings and a sense of scale. Even still, I wonder how the work will look in 8500 square feet of space.
Underneath, is a photo showing the artist Dan dos Santos taking cell phone shots. It is from a post on the popular MuddyColors Blog, the authors of which were also at the Allentown Museum show. You can see the more of photos he took and follow what their doing by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment