Thursday, October 3, 2013

Artist's On Art interview

The fall issue of Artist's On Art was officially released today and I'm on the cover. The format for this magazine is usually to have the artists write their own articles, to bring the reader closer to the artist. However, when the editors contacted me to discuss the possibility of being in the magazine, I was under a tremendous amount of pressure; my days literally consisting of nothing but marathon painting sessions (lonnng... even for me).

We had been trying to work together since their first issue but I repeatedly stalled knowing that I wanted to begin speaking about this body of work. Rather than forgo the article, they agreed to change their long standing format and interview me. I'm glad they did for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that I genuinely like what they did.

My sincere thanks.

Underneath is a low-res version of the article. The high-res can be found on the AOA site.






No comments:

Post a Comment